|overall rating - 87%
Address: Via C. Cattaneo 23 - Rome, Italy
Starting from: 24.40 EUR (average price per guest per night)
Continuing the same high standards of the original Alessandro Hostel, Alessandro Downtown Hostel was designed expressly for budget-minded backpackers.
Alessandro Downtown hostel offers large & clean dorm rooms, common room, internet PCs in computer room along with Wi-Fi (hotspot) available in common area for wireless devices.
Offering a wide variety of services at reasonable prices, its exceptional location provides a safe convenient base to explore & enjoy Rome's sites.
The Colosseum, Roman Forum, Basilica Santa Maria Maggiore, and San Pietro in Vincoli are very close, less than half an hour away on foot, and all parts of the city are accessible with public transportation by Metro, Bus and tram.
As backpackers themselves, the Alessandro Downtown Hostel's staff will be happy to offer tips & advice for the best deals in Rome.
**** Notice about Rome's new tourist tax ****
Rome City Council decided to charge 2 Euros per person per night on tourists who visit Rome. It implemented from the 01/01/2011. However, the Alessandro Downtown is a HOSTEL LICENSED property. You are NOT required to pay this tax :-)
Self-service LAUNDRY is now available at the hostel !
- Washing (7kg): 4 Euros
- Drying (7kg): 4 Euros
- Soap: 1 Euro
• FREE and FAST Wi-Fi (hotspot) is available in all rooms further than common area!
• Lockers available in all dorm rooms!
SERVICES & OPTIONS:
Designed expressly with the budget conscious traveler in mind, Alessandro Downtown Hostel boasts:
* Breakfast (ham, cheese, jam & butter, bread, cereals, fruit, hot/cold drinks, milk): 4 Euros
* Free city maps
* Tourist info stand
* Credit card accepted
* No curfew
* Linens & blankets included
* 24 hour reception
* Open throughout year
* Late arrivals accepted (Check-in available after 3 pm)
* Free luggage storage (before check-in, after check-out)
* Vending machines
* Rental towels (Included in price for double rooms)
* Free parties organized
* Self-service LAUNDRY
* Large & clean dorm rooms with shared bathroom
* Common bathroom section is situated on the same floor for rooms with share bathroom.
* Air conditioning & heating units in all rooms
* Full equipped kitchen (available until 31/Mar/2011)
* Large common rooms
* Key card access
* Lockers in all dorm rooms (Please use with your own padlock)
* Video surveillance system
* Fire alarm system
* Fire proof doors
Amusements & Activities :
* Widescreen TV in common room
* Internet access in computer room (Nominal fee)
* FREE and FAST Wi-Fi (hotspot) available in all rooms and lobby
* Meeting point for walking tours
* Central location
* Close to Termini station, Bus stops, Metro station
* Supermarket nearby
* Discount agreed laundry nearby
* Discount agreed restaurants nearby
* Easy access any historic sites:
Colosseum, Roman Forum, San Pietro in Vincoli, Basilica Santa Maria Maggiore, the shopping Mecca Spanish steps, Trevi Fountain, the classy Via Veneto can all be reached on foot in half an hour approx.
* Airport pick up arranged upon request.
Fee for 1-4 persons with 4 suitcases: from 57 Euros (for a car).
Fee for 5-8 persons with suitcases (one with one person): from 12 Euros (per person)
1. The stated price is minimum tariff, the fee varies depending, on flight arrival time and airport (Fiumicino / Ciampino)
2. It must be requested least 3 days prior to arrival as we need to check availability.
* For further details, please inquire by e-mail AFTER making reservation!
Note for cleaning service:
Our reception is open 24 hours a day, so there are no curfews. There is no lock-out during the day, but we do ask that you help our cleaners out by staying out of their way as much as possible during their work.
Cleaning hours are from 10h00 until 15h00. You may check-in or check-out at the front desk at anytime. Therefore you can leave your luggage at our luggage deposit (ask at reception upon arrival). Please make sure to inform us of any changes of your arrival !
Those with a late flight arrival need not be concerned, as reception is open 24 hrs.
Alessandro Downtown Hostel is part of the Hostelling International (HI) and Associazione Italiana Alberghi per la Gioventu' (AIG) networks.
Any guests, who present a HI membership card upon checking-in, will enjoy special guest privileges:
- 2 hours of free internet use
- 1 free drink at the hostel bar (located in our sister hostel, Alessandro Palace)
- 1 euro discount on our Rome walking tours.
For guests from outside of Italy:
It is possible to buy an IYHF (International Youth Hostel Federation) membership card, which is valid for one year from the date of purchase, at the hostel reception.
The full membership card costs 18 euros, or else the basic card with one Welcome Stamp costs 3 euros. Please note: You need 6 Welcome Stamps to obtain full membership.
For Italian guests:
The individual AIG membership card costs €3,00 and is valid for one year from the date of purchase.
Italian students with the IO STUDIO card can claim an AIG card free of charge.
Note for GROUP RESERVATIONs:
* Group reservations with the number of guests in excess of 8 people are NOT acceptable through the on-line reservation system.
Cases in which this term is not respected, we reserve the right to cancel the reservation/s without any notice and the paid deposit is not refundable!!
Payment is due upon arrival. If a reservation is canceled with less than 48 hours notice (unless advice otherwise) prior to the arrival date, the amount charged will be equivalent to the total amount of the first night's reservation. Cancellations or alterations are accepted only via email or fax. Phone cancellations/alterations are not accepted.
* Heating is on energy-saving timers.
** In storage room. Provide your own locks or purchase one from the vending machines.
*** We are unable to send or fax letters for visa document applications to embassies and/or consulates.
24 hours check-in
Included Facilities and Services
|Breakfast||4.00 EUR (per guest, per night)|
|Security boxes / Lockers||YES|
|Laundry Service||With extra cost|
|Pickups / Shuttle from airport||With extra cost|
|Towels (private rooms)||YES|
|Towels (dorms)||2.00 EUR (per guest)|
|Fridge (common areas)||YES|
|Lift / elevator||YES|
Important To Know
No wheelchair access
Children NOT accepted
Private rooms age restriction: no restrictions
Dorms age restriction: no restrictions
Smoking policy: All rooms and the common areas are NON smoking
Animals NOT accepted
Terms and conditions
The property accepts the following credit card brands for balance payments: Visa, Mastercard, Visa Electron, American Express, JCB, Aura, Diners, Debit Cards.
This property charges 1 night/s if canceled less than 2 days before the arrival date.
Note for pets:
We are sorry but pets are not permitted to enter our hostels.